Motor Vehicle Technology
Having the knowledge to diagnose and repair problems is a great skill that can aid the individual and others in day-to-day situations and within a business as an employee or as a customer. We extend this possibility through our Level 1 Motor Vehicle Technology course that covers important aspects of motor vehicle repair and safety.
Areas of the Course
• Workshop Health and Safety
• Workshops tools and materials
• Engines and power units
• Braking systems
• Wheel and tyre fitting
• Exhaust systems
• Dismantle and repair car parts
• Interpret technical diagrams
• Draw diagrams of car parts
• Write notes and label diagrams
• Develop your use and knowledge of hand tools and materials
• Keep a workshop clean and safe
When having passed the course, pupils can go on to studying Level 2 Motor Vehicle Technology and later advance to a Level 3. Acquiring these grades can increase the potential for employment in many motor vehicle related job roles, such as body repairs and motor vehicle mechanic.