Exposing, embracing and supporting the creative flair of pupils is highly important, as it can raise their confidence and desire to push themselves to new levels of knowledge and future potential. Previously Graphics, Visual Communication is a hands-on and practical subject that covers product development and design. We provide Visual Communication as an optional GCSE course, which covers many key areas of design. The course has been structured to be engaging for pupils, while also being relevant to allow for a more effective transition into further education and employment.
This course covers and requires:
• Effective teamwork to achieve results
• Product planning and development
• Reasonable communication skills
• The use of tools and materials with appropriate knowledge
• Understanding the commercial aspects of product design
At GCSE level, this qualification allows for greater potential for further qualifications and future employment in a job role which relates to this field.